It is very tempting to skip or rush cleansing our face, especially after a big day. A little neglect here or there can leave your skin with clogged pores filled with dirt, grime and makeup that can cause acne, blackheads, or an overall dullness to your skin’s complexion. Double cleansing provides an effective and thorough clean that your skin will love you for. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of double cleansing for your skin!
What is double cleansing?
Double cleansing is a two-step process that leaves your face fresh and clean by removing dirt that sits on your skin along with makeup, environmental pollutants and dead skin. This process includes 2 products, these being:
1. A cleanser to remove makeup and SPF you have applied throughout the day as well as oxidised sebum and pollutants on the skin. Our favourite cleansers to use are the Balense Hydrating Gentle Cleanser or the Aesthetics Rx Revitalising Foaming Cleanser.
2. A hydrating or exfoliating cleanser with ingredients to hydrate, exfoliate or treat acne as well. While you can use the Balense Hydrating Cleanser a second time, we also recommend using either the Balense Jojoba Exfoliating Cleanser, the Balense Skin Resurfacing Cleanser or the Aesthetics Rx AHA Cream Cleanser 2-3 times a week.
Benefits of Double Cleansing:
Now that we know what double cleansing is, what are the benefits of this? Here are the top benefits of double cleansing:
1. Prevents sebum build up and bacteria: Sebum and bacteria can cause acne or breakouts. Double cleansing helps prevent this build up by washing away these impurities.
2. Removes pollutants: If you live in the city, double cleansing is especially important as you are exposed to a high level of pollutants and these pollutants can potentially contribute to ageing and pigmentation – which nobody wants!
3. Improves the efficacy of other skincare products: Double cleansing not only leaves your face extra clean but allows other skincare products to penetrate your skin better and work more effectively.
4. Brightens complexion: Following this double step process can help to remove any dullness or dead skin cells, leaving your complexion glowing!
5. Helps dry skin types: Washing your face twice with gentle products is more effective than using one strong product that can dry out your skin.
Double cleansing is one of the best things you ensure your you’re setting your at-home skincare routine up for success and boosting the efficacy of the serums and moisturisers you apply after. Our expert advice is to make sure you’re using the right cleansing products (and other skincare products) for your skin and that’s where we can help!
To know more about your skin and what skincare products are right for you, head into your local clinic for a FREE Observ Skin Analysis.