Medications and supplements designed to increase blood flow can increase your risk of bruising. Alcohol can also increase bruising risk.
- Do not use blood-thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen for 3 – 4 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels and needling.
- No vaccinations 3 days prior to treatment.
- Maximise facial movement (frowning, eyebrow raises and squinting) for 30 minutes following your treatment, to draw the muscle relaxant into the tissue.
- Avoid facial treatments, and don’t rub or massage the treatment area for 24 hours after your treatment. You may gently cleanse with cotton.
- Avoid lying down for four hours.
- Avoid exercise on the day of your treatment.
- Some clients experience a mild headache following anti-wrinkle injections. If this occurs, you may use paracetamol but please avoid anti-inflammatory medication (ibuprofen, aspirin) as this could increase your risk of bruising.
- No vaccinations 3 days post your treatment.